On 2 April 2020, the Australian Government announced new funding arrangements for the early childhood education and care (ECEC) sector in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and its impact on child care enrolments and attendance. The new arrangements effectively make child care services fee-free for families until 28 June 2020.
The Early Education / Childcare Industry has had a mixed response to this initiative. Some centres see it as a Lifeline which allows them to continue operating… others see it as another “nail in the coffin” for the challenging, but potentially lucrative industry.
The purpose of this post is not to debate the Pros and Cons of these government strategies, but to examine some positive action Child Care and Early Learning centres could be making with regard to marketing their services and capitalising on opportunitnites.
Some Simple Facts
- Coronavirus WILL be overcome… The current COVID-19 Crisis will fade away. It is more likely to take months than weeks…. but eventually, coronavirus will be a thing of the past.
- The Childcare Industry WILL continue – perhaps not all businesses will make it, and the nature of the industry may very well change, but there will still be a need for Childcare and Early Education services and the smart operators who do survive will be providing that service.
The difference between Childcare Centers that simply Survive and those that actually Thrive will come down to how they manage this crisis, and how they promote their services as the crisis subsides and business “returns to normal” (whatever the NEW normal may be)…
Strategies for dealing with the crisis should already be well in hand, but marketing strategies for coming out the other side should also be underway. Innovative Marketing, with the aim of making your centres “Stand out from the Crowd” is the key to improving your market share and thriving in the childcare market after COVID-19.
Some Smart Marketing Tools
Obviously the marketing requirements and the most effective strategy for your center/s will depend on your particular business goals, and the nature of your local market, but some marketing tools/strategies which could be considered should include :
- Website Review – does your existing website effectively represent your current service offerings and does it encourage potential families to become a part of your community. You need to also consider site performance, mobile-friendliness, and usability.
- Digital Content Review – do you use the “right” keywords in the digital content (on your website and on social media) and is it effectively Search Engine Optimised (to maximise search rankings and traffic)?
- Virtual Tour – have you considered using a virtual tour to showcase your facilities and allow potential families to “experience” your centre?
- 360° Live Video Streaming – some centres are already offering some form of live streaming – allowing families to remotely (and securely) view their childs activities live… but 360° Live Streaming can add a whole new level of control and flexibility
- Paid Advertising – it is very easy to “throw money away” with paid advertising (e.g. Google Adwords, Facebook Ads. etc..), but selective, and carefully managed and monitored advertising campaigns can be VERY effective.
Please feel free to call us on 0403 023 223 or Contact Us
for advice and assistance on creating, planning and implementing
Unique, Fresh, Innovative & New Marketing Ideas
to Showcase Your Child care Centre