Recent times have finally seen some relaxation in strict travel restrictions, and opportunities for QLD Tourism Operators to take bookings and promote their services are are finally becoming possible. There is some “light at the end of the tunnel”, but restrictions on Intrastate and International travel still make it difficult.
Now, more than ever, is a critical time for Tourism Operators to be smart about how they promote and showcase their services. Initially, tourism marketing will need to focus on local (intrastate) tourism opportunities…but in the coming weeks and months, once states relax border restrictions, other strategies will need to be initiated to make the most of Australian domestic travelers from other states.
Queensland, you’re Good to Go
Tourism and Events Queensland has recently launched a major new campaign targeting intrastate tourism. The Good to Go campaign, aims to inspire Queenslanders to explore the very best of their own backyard, target holidaymakers (particularly for the June/July school holidays) and those undertaking multi day trips to reconnect with friends and relatives.
The campaign, which initially targets Queenslanders and intrastate travel, has been designed to extend interstate in future. Queenslanders are being encouraged to get outside, immerse themselves in local natural wonders, and reconnect with those closest to them.
Virtual Tourism Opportunities
With the relaxation of restrictions, Qld Tourism Operators are reportedly being inundated with enquiries and bookings, but over the coming months, competition will be fierce and it is critical for operators to put in place a marketing strategy that helps them to stand out from the crowd.
Virtual Tours offer a unique, innovative and interactive way for potential visitors to get a “taste” of the travel experience you have on offer and motivate them to contact you for more information and make a booking.
Benefits of Virtual Tours
Virtual Tours offer a range of unique benefits which make them extremely effective at showcasing and promoting tourism based activities and events :
- Innovation – Offer a very impressive “wow” factor – particular when coupled with aerial imagery
- Connectivity & Accessibility – Provide a spatial awareness which is not possible with most other forms of marketing. Virtual Tours can be used by anyone with internet access via a variety of devices (mobile, desktop, VR Headset)…
- Experiential & Interactive – Offer an “experience” based interface, where users get to Interact and actually participate. This provides a level of emotional attachment not available through traditional media (photos and video)
- Inspirational – Offer a “taste” of the experience and provide insights into what is on offer, which very often results in a “I want to see more” moment.
- Recycle – Virtual Tours are able to incorporate and reference existing content (information, Photos, Video, Stories, Links, Audio, etc…) .
- Extendable – can very easily be updated, modified and improved to update or add extra activities and experiences
What Does a Virtual Tour Cost ?
Costs will vary depending on the location, the size and layout of the area/s you want covered, and the features/functionality that you’d like to include… Prices start from as little as $100 for a single 360° panosphere up to thousands of dollars for large sophisticated standalone virtual tours.
We would typically be able to provide a ballpark figure once we have spoken to you, but may need to undertake a site visit to provide you with a formal quote.
Typically a Virtual Tour would be available for you to start using to promote your Tourism Destination or Activities within just 7 days of the photoshoot.